I really loved reading this post because it truly does sum up exactly how I feel about parents, children and ‘training up a child’.
So secret that even you don’t know about it.
My Mom homeschooled us through twelve years of public school. And she never, ever heard the word homeschooling or SOCIALIZATION. What if you have been homeschooling your children?
Take the test and find out:
- Do you set aside time to cuddle with your children and a good book?
- Do you find yourself stepping over newly erected towns and/or mid-stream projects, or their ruins, when checking on your children?
- Are extra-curriculum activities, like violin, skating, and soccer, dictating the flow of your schedule and/or budget?
- Do you know, really know, your children’s friends and their parents?
- Do you set aside time to get to know and support the teachers/tutors of your children (volunteers)?
- Have you ever been surprised by how much you know about butterflies/cars/medieval knights (your son’s/daughter’s latest interest)?
- Do you spend some of your weekends knee-deep in fractions (or whatever subject…
View original post 170 more words